Planning a Custom Jewelry Gift Idea? Here’s What You Need to Know.
November 13, 2014 : Posted in Custom Jewelry
The holidays are right around the corner and the stores are already starting to put the Christmas and Hanukkah decorations on the shelves to remind us to shop and plan early for those holiday gift giving ideas.
If you are planning to do something extra special for your loved one and are thinking of a custom jewelry piece as a gift, here a few tips to help you plan ahead:
Custom Jewelry Gift Idea Tips:
1. If you are considering designing a custom ring, be sure to get the correct ring size by using a ring that your loved one currently wears as a size match. You can bring the ring in for sizing by our staff just to be sure your gift will fit.
2. Pendants with birthstones make great custom jewelry gifts. Use the following guide to determine the correct birthstones:
- January- Garnet
- February- Amethyst
- March- Aquamarine
- April- Diamond
- May- Emerald
- June- Pearl
- July- Ruby
- August- Peridot
- September- Sapphire
- October- Opal
- November- Citrine
- December- Blue Topaz
3. Consider if your gift will be one that the recipient wears on a daily basis or just for special occasions. This could help determine the type or materials that are used.
4. Take into account the person’s personal style. Do they dress trendy, casual, colorfully, elegantly, or understated? This can help our designers develop a piece that will match their personal taste.
5. Do they currently have a special piece of jewelry that they love and you’d like to make a complementary piece or matching set? If so, photographs of that item are very helpful to our team.
If you have loose stones or an empty setting, we can also design a custom piece of jewelry around existing items.
If you have any questions about the custom jewelry design process, we invite you to visit our showroom to speak with our design team at any time. You may also set up an appointment if it is more convenient for you. We hope to see you soon!